Piccolo Best Practices & FAQs
We're living in some <insert your preferred COVID-19 adjective here> times.
Like you, we've experienced the full spectrum of emotions associated with this pandemic: frustration, anxiety, and sadness. But, with every cloud comes a silver lining. We continue to be inspired by the tremendous kindness shown by our guests and the scope of support from the community during this time.
As of 10/21/20, the City of Nixa enacted a mask ordinance that requires a nose and mouth face covering to be worn upon entry of a restaurant, being seated at your table, and when moving about the dining area (to the restroom, for example). Masks may be removed when actively eating or drinking. Learn more about the ordinance here.
For answers to your questions about Piccolo's latest policies, systems, and procedures, please visit our FAQs page here.
Piccolo Best Practices
1. More frequent and rigorous sanitation of all surfaces; bathrooms sanitized on a more stringent schedule of every 30 minutes.
2. Switched to one-time use napkins and condiments. Implemented laminated menus that are sanitized after every guest use.
3. Piccolo servers and bartenders will be masked. Line cooks wear face shields when preparing food. As of 10/21/20, per the City of Nixa mask ordinance, guests are required to wear a mask upon entry and when not actively eating or drinking.
4. Pens and credit card holders sanitized after each guest use.
5. Installed a medical-grade air filtration system that captures virus particulates circulating in the air that are as small as .003 microns (COVID-19 is approximately .125 microns).
7. Added free-standing hand sanitation stations in main dining room and back-of-house.
8. Scheduled weekly professional-grade cleanings of the entire building.
9. Installed a hands-free door pull on front door.
10. Moved to reservation-only dine-in service to mitigate large groups of people from congregating around the entryway and host station.
11. We will continue spacing tables and have limited groups to 10 guests or less per table.